Removal & Installation
Before servicing any vehicle, please be sure to read the precautions section, which deals with personal safety, prevention of component damage, and important points to take into consideration when servicing a motor vehicle.
- Disable the SIR system. Refer to Air Bag (Supplemental Restraint System), disarming the system.
- Remove the SIR module.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the SIR coil.
- Using a thin-bladed screwdriver, remove the lock cylinder bezel.
- Remove the shroud fasteners.
Remove the upper and lower shrouds.
- Depress the lock tabs on the left and right multi-function levers.
- Remove the multi-function levers.
Disconnect the electrical housing electrical connectors.
- Disengage the retaining tabs on the park lock cable assembly.
- Remove the assembly from the ignition module.
- Remove the lock housing bolts.
- Turn the ignition key to the Accessory (ACC) position.
- Separate the ignition housing from the multi-function bracket.
- Remove the ignition switch screws.
Remove the ignition switch.
- Ensure that the ignition switch is in the ACC position.
- Position the ignition switch to the housing. Tighten the screws until seated.
- Tighten the ignition screws to 22 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
Pre-assemble the lock housing and multi-function lever bracket. Hand-tighten the bolts, leaving approximately 0.125 in. (3.2mm) gap at the bolt ends.
NOTEEnsure that the lock tab fully engages into the column slot.
- Slide the bracket onto the column.
- Hand tighten the lower bolt until snug.
- Hand tighten the upper bolt until snug.
- Tighten the lower bolt. to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Tighten the upper bolt to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Snap the ignition lock cable onto the ignition module.
- Connect the ignition switch electrical connector.
- Connect the ignition housing electrical connectors.
Install the multi-function levers.
NOTEEnsure that both locking tabs are seated.
- Install the upper and lower shrouds. Tighten the shroud screws to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm)
- Install the lock cylinder bezel.
- Install the SIR coil.
- Install the steering wheel.
- Install the SIR module.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to Air Bag (Supplemental Restraint System), arming the system.