- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
The negative battery cable
- Install the steering gear through the right wheel opening.
- Center the gear mounting bushings into the cradle supports.
Install or connect the following:
The steering gear-to-mounting bolts and tighten to 81 ft. lbs. (110 Nm)
- Install a new tie rod nut and tighten to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Install the wheels. Tighten the wheel lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm).
- Install the negative battery cable.
- Check the alignment and adjust if necessary.