Removal & Installation
Before servicing any vehicle, please be sure to read the precautions section, which deals with personal safety, prevention of component damage, and important points to take into consideration when servicing a motor vehicle.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the lower shock bolt.
- Remove the rear wheelhouse liner push-in retainers.
- Remove the rear wheelhouse liner from the vehicle
- Remove the upper shock bolt.
- Remove the shock from the vehicle.
- Install the shock to the vehicle.
- Install the upper shock bolt. Tighten the bolt to 77 ft. lbs. (105 Nm).
- Install the wheelhouse liner.
- Install the lower shock bolt. Tighten the bolt to 77 ft. lbs. (105 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
Testing & Inspection
- Check the rubber parts for damage or deterioration.
- Check for correct height and proper return of shock absorber to original height.
- Check the shock absorber for abnormal resistance or unusual sounds.
- Check for oil leakage around seals.
- Replace if necessary.