Before servicing any vehicle, please be sure to read the precautions section, which deals with personal safety, prevention of component damage, and important points to take into consideration when servicing a motor vehicle.
- Disable the SIR system. Refer to Air Bag (Supplemental Restraint System), disarming the system.
- Remove the inflatable restraint steering wheel module.
- If equipped with cruise control, disconnect the cruise control switch connector from the steering column.
- Remove the steering wheel nut.
- Remove the steering wheel. It may be necessary to use the J 42578, Steering Wheel Puller Legs, and J 1859-A, Steering Wheel Puller, or equivalent to remove the steering wheel.
- Align the steering wheel to the steering column and install the steering wheel.
- Install the steering wheel nut. Tighten the steering wheel nut to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- If equipped with cruise control, connect the cruise control switch connector.
- Install the inflatable restraint steering wheel module.
- Enable the SIR system. Refer to Air Bag (Supplemental Restraint System), arming the system.