REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Turn the ignition switch to the ACC position. Turn the wiper switch ON. Allow the motor to move the pivot shafts 3 or 4 cycles, then turn off the switch. This operation will place the pivot shafts in the PARK position. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm and blade assembly by first applying downward pressure on the wiper arm head while holding the wiper arm. Then, lift the arm to the highest position and, using finger pressure only, grasp the slide latch tab and slide the latch out from under the arm head. Remove the arm and blade assembly.
- To remove the blade assembly for vehicles through 1994, insert a screwdriver into the slot provided at the top of the blade frame, push down on the spring lock and pull the blade assembly from the wiper arm pin.
- To remove the blade assembly for 1995 vehicles, depress the locking tab on the windshield wiper blade, then slide the blade downward away from the windshield wiper pivot arm and remove the blade.
- Install the blade onto the new replacement wiper arm assembly.
- Position the bottom surface of the wiper arm parallel with the top surface of the cowl screen louvers, making sure that arm rests against the top surface of the cowl screen. Install the arm onto the pivot shaft with the latch slide in the unlatched (outward position).
- While applying downward pressure on the arm head to ensure full seating, raise the other end of the arm enough to allow the latch to slide under the pivot assembly to the latched position.
- Lift the (latched) wiper arm and blade assembly away from the top surface of the cowl screen louvers and position the arm only on the rearward surface of the wiper arm stop.
- Make sure the blade is fully seated on the arm and the arm is against (rearward of) the the wiper stop, before operating the wipers to verify the correction.
If the blade does not touch the windshield, the slide latch is not completely in place.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then check for correct wiper operation.
- With the arm and blade assemblies removed from the pivot shafts, turn on the wiper switch and allow the motor to move the pivot shaft three or four cycles, then turn the wiper switch off. This will place the pivot shafts in the park position.
- Install the arm and blade assemblies on the pivot shafts to the correct distance between the windshield lower molding or weatherstrip and the blade saddle centerline.