REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative, then the positive battery cables.
- Disconnect the power lead from the windshield wiper motor.
- Remove the left windshield wiper pivot arm.
- On 1991-95 vehicles, lift the water shield cover from the cowl on the passenger side.
- On 1986-90 vehicles, remove the left cowl screen.
- Remove the windshield wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft retaining clip from the operating arm on the motor by lifting the locking tab up, then pulling the clip away from the pin.
- Remove the attaching screws/bolts from the windshield motor and bracket assembly, then remove the assembly.
- Position the windshield wiper motor, then install the retaining bolts/screws. Tighten to 60-80 inch lbs. (7-9 Nm).
- Connect the power lead to the windshield wiper motor.
- Install the retaining clip on the windshield wiper mounting arm.
- Install the windshield wiper mounting arm and pivot shaft on the windshield wiper motor. Make sure that the mounting arm and pivot shaft is securely attached to the windshield wiper motor. Install the mounting arm and pivot shaft by pulling until the clip snaps in place.
- Install the left-hand watershield or cowl screen, as applicable.
- Connect the positive, then the negative battery cables, then check the wiper operation through all of the modes.
- Install the left-hand windshield wiper blade.