REMOVAL & INSTALLATION Wiper Arm Removal
- Remove the mounting nut from the wiper pivot using a 14mm wrench.
- Mark the wiper arm and pivot bolt alignment using touch up paint or a suitable maker.
- Carefully press down on the wiper arm about 4 inches (100mm) from the wiper pivot bolt. Press down and release several times until the wiper arm releases from the pivot.
- While holding the wiper arm on the pivot, fold the arm upward until it locks in position.
- Lift the wiper arm off of the pivot.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
Be sure to properly align the wiper arm with the pivot bolt.
The rear wiper arm removal is the same as the front wiper arm procedure, with exception of the wrench size needed. Most of the rear wiper assemblies typically require a 12mm wrench for removal.
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Lift the wiper arm up and press the small tab at the wiper pivot inward while pressing downward on the blade to release it.
- Lift the blade assembly upward into the arm until the pivoting clip snaps in place.
See Figures 4 and 5