Removal & Installation
- Remove the manual transaxle.
- Remove the clutch release fork with the clutch release bearing from the manual transaxle.
- Remove clutch release fork boot.
- Remove the clutch release bearing from the clutch release fork.
- Remove release bearing hub clip.
- Remove the release fork support from the manual transaxle.
- Remove clutch cover assembly:
Insert the alignment tool (SST: 09301-00110) into the clutch disc assembly, then insert them both into the flywheel sub-assembly.
NOTEInsert the clutch disc assembly in the correct direction.
- Align the matchmark on the clutch cover assembly with the one on the flywheel sub-assembly.
Following the procedure shown in the illustration, tighten the 6 bolts in order, starting with the bolt located near the knock pin at the top. Tighten to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Move SST up and down, right and left lightly after checking that the disc is in the center, and tighten the bolts.
- Using a dial indicator with a roller instrument, check the diaphragm spring tip alignment. Maximum non-alignment: 0.020 inch (0.5 mm)
- If the alignment is not as specified, adjust the diaphragm spring tip alignment using SST: 09333-00013.
- Install the release fork support onto the transaxle assembly. Tighten to 27 ft. lbs. (37 Nm).
- Install the clutch release fork boot to the manual transaxle.
- Install release bearing hub clip.
- Apply release hub grease to the contact surfaces between the release fork and release bearing assembly, release fork and push rod, and release fork and fork support. Sealant: Toyota Genuine Release Hub Grease or Equivalent.
- Install the release fork onto the release bearing assembly with the clip.
- Apply clutch spline grease to the input shaft spline. DO NOT grease the smooth collar area of the spline.
Install the clutch release bearing with the release fork onto the transaxle assembly.
NOTEAfter installation, move the fork back and forth to check that the release bearing slides smoothly.
- Install the manual transaxle.