Removal & Installation
- Remove the oil pan drain plug and gasket and drain the engine oil.
- Remove the oil pan drain plug and gasket.
- Remove the 9 bolts and 2 nuts.
Insert the blade of oil pan seal cutter between oil pan No. 1 and oil pan No. 2, and cut off the applied sealer and remove oil pan.
- Remove any old packing material and be careful not to drop any oil on the contact surfaces of the cylinder block and oil pan.
Apply a continuous bead of seal packing (Diameter 4.0 mm (0.157 in.)). Seal packing: Toyota Genuine Seal Packing Black, Three Bond 1207B or equivalent.
NOTERemove any oil from the contact surfaces.
Install the oil pan within 3 minutes after applying seal packing.
- Install the oil pan with the 9 bolts and 2 nuts. Tighten to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).