Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Safely raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Separate the front caliper.
- Remove the front disc.
Using SST 09628-10011 and a screwdriver or the equivalent to hold the axle hub, remove the hub bolt.
- Separate front speed sensor (w/ abs).
- Separate front stabilizer link assembly.
- Separate tie rod end sub-assembly.
- Separate front lower suspension arm.
Remove front axle assembly:
Using a plastic hammer, tap the end of the drive shaft and disengage the fitting between the drive shaft and front axle.
NOTEIf it is difficult to disengage the fitting, tap the end of the drive shaft with a brass bar and hammer.
Push the front axle out of the vehicle to remove the drive shaft from the front axle.
NOTENote the following:
Do not push the front axle further out of the vehicle than is necessary.
Remove the 2 nuts and 2 bolts and remove the front axle assembly.
NOTEKeep the nut from rotating while turning the bolt.
- Using a plastic hammer, tap the end of the drive shaft and disengage the fitting between the drive shaft and front axle.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
- Tighten the front axle assembly onto the shock absorber to 121 ft. lbs. (164 Nm).
- Inspect and adjust front wheel alignment.