Removal & Installation
- Remove the front axle assembly. Refer Axle Assembly under Front Axle.
Using snap ring pliers, remove the hole snap ring.
NOTEWhen removing the hole snap ring, do not damage the magnetic rotor surface.
- Remove front axle hub sub-assembly:
- Remove the dust cover by tapping the back side with a brass bar and hammer.
- Remove front axle hub bearing:
Using SST 09950-60020 and 09387-00041 and a press, insert a new hub bearing, with its magnetic rotor side facing the inside of the vehicle, until it reaches the end of the steering knuckle.
NOTENote the following:
Do not remove the inner race because the hub bearing is built into the oil seal.
Provisionally install a new disc brake dust cover.
Using SST 09223-56010 and a hammer, install the disc brake dust cover.
NOTEUniformly press in the disc brake dust cover while sliding SST slightly. Surely press in the disc brake dust cover until the pressing-in base.
Using a chisel, fix the 3 points on the circumference.
NOTESecurely fold each end into the engagement grooves.
- Using SST: 09608-32010, 09950-60010 and a press, press the axle hub into the steering knuckle.
Using snap ring pliers, install a new hole snap ring, as shown in the illustration.
NOTEDo not overlap the end of the snap ring and the installation hole in the speed sensor on the knuckle side. Do not damage the magnetic rotor surface of the bearing when installing the snap ring.