Removal & Installation
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel pump and module.
- Using a screwdriver with its tip wrapped in protective tape, remove the pressure regulator assembly.
- Remove the 2 O-rings.
- To install, apply gasoline to 2 new O-rings.
- Install the pressure regulator assembly.
Check for fuel leakage:
- Connect the Techstream to the DLC3.
Turn the ignition switch to ON and turn the tester ON.
NOTEDo not start the engine.
- Select the following menu items: Powertrain / Engine and ECT / Active Test / Control the Fuel Pump / Speed.
Check that there is no fuel leakage anywhere on the fuel system after doing maintenance.