Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
Before removing any fuel system parts, take precautions to prevent gasoline spillage. As some pressure remains in the fuel line even after taking precautions to prevent gasoline spillage, use a shop rag or piece of cloth to prevent gasoline splashes when disconnecting the fuel line.
- Remove the rear seat cushion.
- Remove the rear seat assembly (for Hatchback)
- Remove the rear floor service hole cover.
Disconnect the connector from the fuel pump assembly.
Start the engine. After the engine stops naturally, turn the ignition switch OFF.
NOTEDTC P0171 may be set.
- Crank the engine again and make sure that the engine does not start.
- Remove the fuel tank cap and discharge the pressure.
- Disconnect the cable from the negative battery terminal.
- Connect the connector of the fuel pump assembly.