Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the water by-pass hose.
- Disconnect water by-pass hose No. 2.
Remove throttle with motor body assembly:
- Disconnect the throttle with motor body assembly connector.
- Remove the nut and remove the wire harness with bracket.
- Remove the 2 nuts and remove the water filler sub-assembly with hose.
- Remove the bolt and 3 nuts and remove the throttle with motor body assembly.
- Remove the gasket from the intake manifold.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Refer to the illustration for torque values.
Perform the initialization:
- Disconnect the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal. Wait at least 60 seconds and reconnect the cable.
Turn the ignition switch to ON without operating the accelerator pedal.
NOTEIf the accelerator pedal is operated, perform the above steps again.
- Connect the Techstream to the DLC3 and clear the DTC-s.
Start the engine and check that the MIL is not illuminated and that the idle speed is within the specified range when the A/C is switched off after the engine is warmed up.
NOTEBe sure to perform this step with all accessories off. Make sure that the shift lever is in neutral.
Standard (for Automatic Transaxle): With A/C switched off, engine idle speed should be at 650 to 750 RPM.
- Enter the following menus: Powertrain / Engine and ECT / Data List / Throttle Sensor Position. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and check that the value is 60% or more.
- Perform a road test and confirm that there are no abnormalities.