- Remove the A/C unit, as outlined in this section.
- Disengage the cooler thermistor connector.
- Remove the 3 screws.
- Disengage the 4 claws and remove the heater case lower.
Remove the cooler evaporator.
If a new cooler evaporator is installed, add compressor oil to the cooler evaporator as follows.
- Compressor oil: ND-OIL8 or the equivalent. Add 40 cc (1.35 fl. oz.)
- Install the cooler evaporator.
- Engage the 4 claws and install the heater case lower.
- Install the 3 screws.
- Engage the cooler thermistor connector.
Install cooler expansion valve:
- Apply sufficient compressor oil (ND-OIL8) to 2 new O-rings and the fitting surface of the cooler expansion valve. Compressor oil: ND-OIL8 or the equivalent.
- Install the 2 O-rings onto the cooler evaporator.
- Using a hexagon wrench 4, install the cooler expansion valve with the 2 hexagon bolts.
- To install, reverse the remaining removal procedure.