Removal & Installation
Some models covered by this manual may be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in the Chassis Electrical Section.
If the airbag connector is disconnected with the ignition switch at ON or ACC, DTC-s will be recorded.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the steering wheel to the right and remove the screw.
- Turn the steering wheel to the left and remove the screw
Remove the screw and remove the steering column cover.
- Remove ignition switch assembly:
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.