Removal & Installation
Some models covered by this manual may be equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in the Chassis Electrical Section.
If the airbag connector is disconnected with the ignition switch at ON or ACC, DTC-s will be recorded.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel.
Remove the 3 screws, disengage the 2 claws, release the tilt lever and remove the steering column lower cover.
- Disengage the claw and remove the steering column upper cover.
Remove combination switch assembly:
- Disconnect all connectors from the turn signal switch with spiral cable.
- Disengage the clamp indicated by the arrow in the illustration and remove the turn signal switch assembly with spiral cable from the steering column assembly.
To install, reverse removal procedure.