As a rule, the vehicle must be unloaded when jacking up. Never jack up or lift up a vehicle loaded with heavy items.
When removing any heavy components like the engine or transaxle, the center of gravity of the vehicle will move. Place a balance weight so as to keep the vehicle from rolling, or support a vehicle jacking position using a transmission jack.
- Work in a flat place using wheel stoppers at all times.
- Use safety stands with rubber attachments.
- Securely support the specified locations with a jack and safety stands.
- When jacking up the front wheels, release the parking brake and place wheel stoppers only behind the rear wheels. When jacking up the rear wheels, place wheel stoppers only in front of the front wheels.
- Do not work or leave the vehicle supported only by a jack. Be sure to support the vehicle with safety stands.
- When jacking up only the front wheels or only the rear wheels, place wheel stoppers on both sides of the wheels that contact ground.
When lowering the vehicle with its front wheels jacked up, release the parking brake and place wheel stoppers only in front of the rear wheels. When lowering the vehicle with its rear wheels jacked up, place wheel stoppers only behind the front wheels.