Torque Sensor Zero Point Calibration (Using Techstream)
Perform the torque sensor zero point calibration if any of the following conditions occur:
- The steering column assembly (containing the torque sensor) has been replaced.
- The power steering ECU has been replaced.
There is a difference in steering effort between turning right and left.
NOTEWhen torque sensor zero point calibration is performed, the assist map is written automatically at the same time.
NOTEIf DTC C1516 (Torque Sensor Zero Point Adjustment Incomplete) is stored, the torque sensor zero point cannot be calibrated. Clear the DTC before starting calibration.
NOTEDo not touch the steering wheel during the torque sensor zero point calibration. Perform the calibration only when the vehicle is stopped.
Perform the torque sensor zero point calibration:
- Set the steering wheel to the center point and align the front wheels straight ahead.
- Turn the ignition switch off.
- Connect the Techstream to the DLC3.
- Start the engine.
- Turn the Techstream on.
- Calibrate the power steering ECU. Enter the following menus: Chassis / EMPS / Utility / Torque Sensor Adjustment.
Check for DTCs
NOTEAfter zero point calibration is completed normally, confirm that a DTC is not output. If DTC C1515, C1516, C1534 or C1581 is output, perform troubleshooting for the corresponding DTC.