- Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
- Remove the 2 nuts and separate the water inlet with radiator hose from the cylinder block.
- Remove the thermostat from the cylinder block.
Remove the gasket from the thermostat.
- Install a new gasket onto the thermostat.
Install the thermostat with the jiggle valve facing upward.
NOTEThe jiggle valve may be set within 10° on either side, as shown in the illustration.
- Install the water inlet with radiator hose with the 2 nuts. Tighten to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Add engine coolant and check for leaks.