For 3.0L or 3.5L engines, remove the lower cowl panel grille.
WARNINGOnly a MVAC-trained, EPA-certified, automotive technician should service the A/C system or its components.
- Recover the refrigerant, using the proper equipment.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the instrument panel, as outlined in this section.
- Disconnect the A/C pressure transducer electrical connector and detach the wire harness from the thermostatic expansion valve (TXV) stud.
- Remove the TXV fitting nut and disconnect the fitting.
- Discard the gasket seals.
- Release the heater hoses clamps and disconnect the hoses from the heater core
- Remove the 6 heater core and evaporator core housing nuts.
Remove the heater core and evaporator core housing.
To install, reverse the removal procedure, noting the following:
- Tighten the heater core and evaporator core housing nuts to 9 Nm (80 lb-in).
- Tighten the TXV fitting nut to 15 Nm (11 lb-ft).
- Install new gasket seals.
- Lubricate the refrigerant system with the correct amount of clean PAG oil.
- Fill the engine coolant level.
- Evacuate, leak test and charge the refrigerant system