Removal & Installation
- Disarm the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), as outlined in the Chassis Electrical Section.
- Remove the floor console.
- Remove the gearshift lever.
- Remove the LH and RH instrument panel end trim panels.
- Remove the weatherstripping from the front door openings near the instrument panel.
- Remove the A-pillar trim panels.
- Remove the RH and LH cowl kick panels.
- If equipped, remove the RH instrument panel insulator.
- From behind the LH kick panel, disconnect the 2 electrical connectors.
- Remove the small gray connector and the large black connector from the smart junction box (SJB).
Remove the 2 screws and position the hood latch release handle aside.
WARNINGTo avoid damage to the bulkhead electrical connector, be sure the release handle is in the full upward position before disconnecting the electrical connector.
- From behind the RH kick panel, disconnect the bulkhead electrical connector and the antenna lead-in cable.
- From inside the glove box, disconnect the 2 A/C electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the 2 electrical connector and retainer located on the floor between the 2 front seats.
Remove the 2 nuts and position the steering column pinch bolt cover aside.
NOTETo make sure of proper location during installation, index-mark the position of the steering column shaft before removing the pinch bolt.
- Remove the steering column pinch bolt.
- Remove the instrument cluster finish panel.
Remove the instrument cluster:
- Remove the 2 screws.
- Remove the instrument cluster.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- From through the instrument cluster opening, remove the 2 instrument cluster opening bolts.
Remove the 2 instrument panel lower bolts.
WARNINGTo avoid damage to the instrument panel, this next step requires the help of an assistant.
- Remove the instrument panel:
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure, noting the following tighten the specifications:
- Instrument panel cowl side upper bolts: 23 Nm (17 lb-ft)
- Instrument panel lower bolts: 8 Nm (71 lb-in)
- Instrument cluster opening bolts: 20 Nm (15 lb-ft)
- Steering column pinch bolt: 25 Nm (18 lb-ft)
- Rearm the SRS, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical Section.