Removal & Installation
Suspension fasteners are critical parts because they affect performance of vital parts and systems and their failure can result in major service expense. A new part with the same part number must be installed if installation becomes necessary. NEVER use a replacement part of lesser quality or substitute design. Torque values must be adhered to during reassembly to ensure correct retention of these parts.
For Front Wheel Drive (FWD) vehicles:
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- If equipped, remove the wheel speed sensor bolt and position the sensor aside.
Disconnect the parking brake cable from the brake caliper, by removing the clip, then disconnecting the parking brake cable from the brake caliper.
WARNINGDo not allow the brake caliper and anchor plate assembly to hang from the brake hose or damage to the hose can occur.
- Remove the anchor plate bolts and position the brake caliper and anchor plate assembly aside. Support the brake caliper and anchor plate assembly using mechanic's wire.
- Remove the 2 brake disc bolts and the brake disc.
- Remove and discard the grease cap.
- Remove and discard the wheel hub nut and remove the wheel hub and bearing assembly.
For All Wheel Drive (AWD) vehicles:
- Remove the wheel knuckle, as outlined in this section.
Using special tool 205-117, or equivalent to press the wheel hub from the wheel bearing.
NOTEThis step may be necessary if the inner wheel bearing race remains in the wheel knuckle after removing the wheel hub.
Install special tool 205-D002, or equivalent, position in a suitable press and press the inner wheel bearing race from the wheel hub.
- Remove the span ring.
Using the special tool, press the outer wheel bearing race from the wheel knuckle.
- For AWD vehicles:
For FWD vehicles:
- If equipped, position the sensor and install the wheel speed sensor bolt. Tighten to 23 Nm (17 lb-ft).
- Connect the parking brake cable to the brake caliper. Install the clip.
- Connect the parking brake cable to the brake caliper.
- Position the brake caliper and install the brake caliper anchor plate bolts. Tighten to 70 Nm (52 lb-ft).
- Install the brake disc and the 2 brake disc bolts. Tighten to 20 Nm (15 lb-ft).
- Install the grease cap.
- Install the wheel hub and bearing assembly and the wheel hub nut. Tighten to 255 Nm (189 lb-ft).