- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Turn all vehicle accessories OFF.
- Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
- At the central junction box (CJB), located below the instrument panel, remove the trim panel, the cover, and the restraints control module (RCM) fuse from the CJB.
- Turn the ignition ON and visually monitor the air bag indicator for at least 30 seconds. The air bag indicator will remain lit continuously (no flashing) if the correct RCM fuse has been removed. If the air bag indicator does not remain lit continuously, remove the correct RCM fuse before proceeding.
Turn the ignition OFF.
CAUTIONTo avoid accidental deployment and possible personal injury, the backup power supply must be depleted before repairing or replacing any front or side air bag supplemental restraint system (SRS) components and before servicing, replacing, adjusting or striking components near the front or side air bag sensors, such as doors, instrument panel, console, door latches, strikers, seats and hood latches.
- To deplete the backup power supply energy, disconnect the battery ground cable and wait at least 1 minute. Be sure to disconnect auxiliary batteries and power supplies (if equipped).
- Disconnect the battery ground cable and wait at least 1 minute.