Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the brake disc.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor.
- Remove and discard the cotter pin and nut.
- Disconnect the tie-rod end.
- Remove and discard the cotter pin and the nut.
Remove the pinch bolt adjuster.
WARNINGTo prevent damage to the ball joint seal and the ball joint socket, do not use a pickle fork-type remover to loosen the ball joints.
- Strike the lower end of the front axle to loosen the ball joint.
Remove the front wheel spindle.
To install, reverse the removal procedure. Observe the following torques:
Tie rod ball stud nut: 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm)
- Check and, if necessary, align the front end.