Scion tC 2007-2008
Scion xB 2008
Scion xD 2008
Clean, high quality brake fluid is essential to the safe and proper operation of the brake system. You should always buy the highest quality brake fluid that is available. If the brake fluid becomes contaminated, drain and flush the system, then refill the master cylinder with new fluid. Never reuse any brake fluid. Any brake fluid that is removed from the system should be discarded. Also, do not allow any brake fluid to come in contact with a painted surface; it will damage the paint.
- Fill the brake master cylinder reservoir with brake fluid. Use SAE J1703 or FMVSS No. 116 DOT3 brake fluid.
- Remove the bleeder plug cap.
- Connect a vinyl tube to either one of the bleeder plugs.
- Depress the pedal several times, and then loosen the bleeder plug with the pedal depressed.
When fluid stops coming out, immediately tighten the bleeder plug. Then release the pedal.
- Repeat steps (3) and (4) until all the air in the fluid is gone.
- Tighten the bleeder plug to 73 inch lbs. (8.3 Nm).
- Install the cap.
- Repeat the procedure to bleed air from the brake line for each wheel.