Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the engine cooling system.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Drain the transmission fluid.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Separate the intermediate steering shaft assembly.
NOTEMatchmark the main shaft and intermediate shaft for reassembly.
Remove or disconnect the following from both sides of the front suspension:
- Hub nut
- Stabilizer link
- Wheel speed sensor
- Tie rod assembly
- Lower control arm
Separate the axle assembly from the halfshaft.
NOTEMatchmark the halfshaft and axle hub for reassembly.
- Disconnect the oil pump reservoir and return hose.
- Secure the engine with a suitable engine lifting device.
- Remove the mounting bolts from the left and right engine mounts.
- Remove the mounting bolts from the left and right front suspension braces.
- Remove the engine/transaxle assembly from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal. Note the following torques:
- Refill the transmission with fluid to the correct level.
- Refill the engine with oil.
- Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.