Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Install a new gasket into the intake manifold.
Install the intake manifold and tighten fasteners in sequence to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Water bypass hoses from the throttle body
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse order of removal.
- Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.