Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the engine assembly from the vehicle and secure to a suitable chain block and sling device.
- Remove the oil pan mounting bolts.
- Using Special Tool 09032-00100, cut off the sealant between the front cover, cylinder block and oil pan.
- Remove the oil pan.
- Remove any old sealant from the oil pan.
Apply a continuous bead of sealant to the contact surfaces of the oil pan.
NOTEDo not expose the sealant to engine oil for at least 2 hours after installation.
Install the oil pan. Tighten the bolts in sequence to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the engine assembly.
- Fill the engine with oil to the correct level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.