Removal & Installation
Disconnect cable from negative battery terminal
CAUTIONWait at least 90 seconds after disconnecting the cable from the negative battery terminal to prevent airbag and seat belt pretensioner activation.
Remove map light assembly
- Using a clip remover, detach the 3 clips and remove the light.
- Disconnect the map light connector.
Install map light assembly.
- Connect the map light connector.
- Attach the 3 clips to install the light.
- Connect cable to negative battery terminal
The drive gear (motor) must be reset (pulse sensor's location must be set) when one of the following occurs:
The battery cable has been disconnected from the negative (-) battery terminal
- The sliding roof AUTO operation and the jam protection function may not operate normally if the battery cable is disconnected / reconnected, the battery replaced or recharged. Initialize the sliding roof system using the method below.
- The drive gear (motor) must be reset (pulse sensor's location must be set) when one of the following occurs:
- Turn the ignition switch ON.
Press the CLOSE switch to activate the close operation. Fully close the roof and continue to press the CLOSE switch for approximately 2 seconds. When the sliding roof control ECU initialization is finished, the roof will automatically open and stop a few millimeters from the fully open position.
NOTEIf the battery cable is disconnected, the sliding roof control ECU may not detect the position of the roof glass. If the sliding roof AUTO operation is still disabled even after the drive gear has been initialized, the Hall IC may be malfunctioning. The Hall IC is built into the drive gear and detects the roof glass position.
NOTEIf the result is not as specified, replace the drive gear assembly (sliding roof control ECU).
NOTECertain systems need to be initialized after disconnecting and reconnecting the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal.
Check SRS warning light
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, and check that the SRS warning light comes on for approximately 6 seconds (primary check).
- Check that the SRS warning light goes off approximately 6 seconds after the ignition switch is turned to the ON position (constant check).
When any of the following symptoms occur, refer to "Problem Symptoms Table"
The SRS warning light comes on occasionally after the primary check period has elapsed.