Removal & Installation
- Place front wheels facing straight ahead
- Remove the column hole cover silencer sheet.
- Separate the steering intermediate shaft.
- Separate the steering column hole cover.
- Remove the front wheels
- Remove the left and right engine under covers.
- Remove front stabilizer links:
Inspect the stabilizer link as follows:
- Secure the front stabilizer link in a vise.
- Install the nut to the stud bolt.
- Flip the ball joint back and forth 5 times or more.
- Use a torque wrench to turn the nut continuously at a rate of 3 to 5 seconds per turn. Take the torque reading on the 5th turn. The turning torque should be 8.9 inch lbs. (1 Nm) or less. If not, replace the link.
Check the dust boots for cracks or grease leakage.
- Separate the tie rod ends.
- Disconnect the pressure feed tube.
- Separate the lower control arms.
- Remove the front floor panel brace.
- Remove the center exhaust pipe.
- Remove the hood.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Suspend the engine assembly with the suitable equipment.
- Remove the no.1 hook.
- Remove the front suspension crossmember.
Remove the stabilizer bracket bolts and the brackets.
- Remove the 2 front stabilizer bar bushings from the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the stabilizer bar from the vehicle.
- Install the stabilizer bar.
- Install front stabilizer bar bushings:
- Install the stabilizer bracket to the front suspension crossmember with the 2 bolts, and tighten to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer brackets.
- Install the front suspension crossmember.
- Install the no.1 hook.
- Connect the lower control arms.
Install the stabilizer links with the retaining nuts and tighten to 55 ft. lbs. (74 Nm).
NOTEUse a 6mm hex wrench to hold the stud if the ball joint turns together with the nut.
- Connect pressure feed tube.
- Connect the tie rod end.
- Install the center exhaust pipe.
- Install the front floor panel brace.
- Install the front wheels
- Connect the steering column hole cover.
- Connect the steering intermediate shaft.
- Install the column hole cover silencer sheet
- Install the engine cover.
- Add power steering fluid, then bleed the power steering system, as outlined in this section.
- Check power steering fluid level in reservoir and add if necessary.
- Check for fluid leaks
- Install the hood. Check to make sure the hood is aligned properly.
- Check and adjust front wheel alignment.
- Install the engine under covers.