- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the transaxle fluid.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Using Special Tool 09520-01010, tap out the left halfshaft.
- Remove the right halfshaft as follows:
- Coat the splines of the inboard joint shaft with gear oil (M/T) or ATF (A/T).
- Align the shaft splines and tap in the left halfshaft with a brass bar and hammer.
Install the right halfshaft as follows:
- xB: Align the shaft splines and tap in the halfshaft with a brass bar and hammer.
- tC: Align the shaft splines and install the halfshaft to the transaxle. Tighten bolts to 47 ft. lbs. (64 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Tie rod end. Tighten nut to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm).
- Refill the transaxle with fluid to the correct level.
- Check and adjust the alignment if necessary.