Scion tC 2007-2008
Scion xB 2008
Scion xD 2008
Perform the leak testing procedure under the following conditions:
Stop the engine.
- Secure good ventilation (the gas leak detector may not react to volatile gases which are not refrigerant, such as evaporated gasoline and exhaust gas).
- Repeat the test 2 or 3 times.
- Make sure that there is some refrigerant remaining in the refrigeration system. When compressor is off: approx. 57 to 85 psi (392 to 588 kPa).
Bring the gas leak detector close to the drain hose before performing the test.
NOTEAfter the blower motor has stopped, leave the cooling unit for more than 15 minutes. Expose the gas leak detector sensor under the drain hose. When bringing the gas leak detector close to the drain hose, make sure that the gas leak detector does not react to the volatile gases.
- If such reaction is unavoidable, the vehicle must be lifted up.
- If a gas leak is not detected on the drain hose, remove the blower motor control (blower resistor) from the cooling unit. Insert the gas leak detector sensor into the unit and perform the test.
- Disconnect the connector and leave the pressure switch for approximately 20 minutes. Bring the gas leak detector close to the pressure switch and perform the test.
- Bring the gas leak detector close to the refrigerant lines and perform the test.