An electricity-generating device that converts mechanical energy to electrical energy in the form of alternating current. Diodes rectify the alternating current into direct current.With the implementation of OBD-II, new terminology was given to many parts of an automobile. Prior to that law, an AC generator was called an alternator. In fact, in many cases and by many manufacturers, an AC generator is still referred to as an alternator. To match the industry, this section will use both terms interchangeably. In most cases, the term AC generator will be used, as it is the correct term according to regulations.
How To Instructions:
- Check for obvious problems.
- Give it an in-depth diagnosis.
- Do the jobs that fix your car.
- Out with the old, in with the new.
- Let your ears guide you to the problem.