CV quick boots are split boots that can be replaced without removing the driveaxle.
To replace the boots:
- Begin boot removal by cutting and discarding the boot clamps.
- Scribe a mark around the axle to indicate the boot's position on the shaft. Then, remove the boot off the joint.
- Remove the circlip and separate the joint from the shaft.
- Slide the old boot off the shaft.
- Wipe the axle shaft clean and install the new boot onto the shaft.
- Place the boot into its proper location on the shaft and install a new clamp.
- Using a new circlip, reinstall the joint on the shaft. Pack joint grease into the joint and boot. The entire pack of grease that comes with a new boot needs to be forced into the boot and joint.
- Pull the boot over the joint and into its proper position. Use a dull screwdriver to lift an edge of the boot up. This will equalize the pressure inside the boot with the outside air.
- Install the new large boot clamp.