There can be slight variations in procedure from one model to another when replacing headlights. For instance, on some models the turn signal light assembly must be removed before the headlight can be replaced. Overall, however, the procedure does not differ much from the following typical instructions.
Make sure the replacement bulb is the same type and part number as the one that is being replaced.
Comparing the old and ther replacement headlamps.
- Remove the headlight bezel retaining screws. Remove the bezel. If necessary, disconnect the turn signal lamp wires.
- Remove the retaining ring screws from one or both lights.
- Remove the retaining rings.
- Remove the light from the housing. Disconnect the wiring connector from the back of the light.
- Push the wiring connector onto the prongs at the rear of the new light.
- Place the new light in the headlight housing. Position it so the embossed number in the light lens is on the top.
- Place the retaining ring over the light and install the retaining ring screws. Tighten them slightly.
- Check the aim of the headlight and adjust it, if necessary.
- Install the headlight bezel. Secure it with the retaining screws.
- Connect the turn signal lamp wiring (if it was disconnected).