REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Remove the seat adjuster cover screws and remove the cover.
- Remove the seat track mounting bolts.
- Fold the seat back forward and tilt the seat assembly back.
- Disconnect the electrical leads and remove the seat from the vehicle. Remove components from the seat as needed.
- Install the seat assembly into the vehicle. Connect the electrical leads and install the seat track mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 25-40 ft. lbs. (35-55 Nm) and the nuts to 17-26 ft. lbs. (24-36 Nm).
- Install the adjuster cover. Test the operation of the seat on the track.
See Figures 6, 7, 8 and 9
- Remove the seat back mounting bolt from between the seat cushions.
- Lift the lower part of the seat at the front to release it from the clips and pull it from the vehicle.
- On late model Excel and Elantra, remove the 2 side seat back mounting bolts and pull the side seat backs up then out of the vehicle.
- Tilt the seat back forward and remove the clips that retain the carpet to the rear of the seat back.
- On early model Excels, remove the 4 retaining bolts at the seat back hinges and remove the seat back.
- On models with fold down rear seats, remove the rear seat pivot hinge clips and remove the seat backs 1 at a time.
- Install the seat back components in reverse order. Tighten the seat back hinge bolts to 12-19 ft. lbs. (17-26 Nm). Install all of the plastic clips and make sure that they are completely seated.