REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the right and left sound insulators.
- Remove the steering column trim plate.
- Remove the instrument panel pad attaching screws. On some models it may be necessary to remove the speaker and defogger grilles to access some screws. Remove the pad.
- Split the bulkhead connector by removing the bolt and screws on the inside on the fuse block and pull the harness free.
- Lower the steering column and disconnect all electrical connections that are connected to the instrument panel harness.
- Disconnect the parking brake release cable.
- Remove the A/C or heater control head.
If equipped, disconnect:
- Wire at switch for the rear compartment lid release.
- Antenna lead.
- Power antenna wire connector.
- Connector for rear window defogger.
- Disconnect the speedometer cable at the transducer in the engine compartment, or the transmission for slack.
- Remove the lower A/C duct by removing the screws and rotate the duct out.
Remove the instrument panel by removing:
- Nuts from the top left and right of the panel.
- Screws from the center support.
- Bolts from the steering column support bracket.
- The screws from the upper tie bar.
- Screws from the lower reinforcement.
- Bolts from the steering column opening, if present.
- Speedometer cable from the speedometer.
- Instrument panel from it's support brackets.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.