- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the coolant.
- Remove the air intake duct.
- Disconnect the radiator hose
- Remove the thermostat housing.
- Remove the thermostat.
Clean all sealing surfaces.
- Install the thermostat.
- Install the thermostat housing using a new gasket.
Install the thermostat housing bolts and tighten as follows:
- 1999 models: 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm)
- 2000-05 models: 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the radiator hose.
- Install the air intake duct.
- Refill the coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.