Removal & Installation
The fuel transfer pump (fuel lift pump) is attached to the rear of the fuel filter/water separator housing.
- Drain fuel from fuel filter housing. Refer to Fuel Filter/Water Separator. See Draining.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the fuel transfer pump.
- Disconnect the fuel tank supply line from fuel transfer pump extension line. This is done at the disconnection point at inside of left inner frame rail.
- Remove 4 pump mounting bolts (hex-allen), and remove pump from fuel filter housing.
Confirm that transfer pump O-ring is also removed from fuel filter housing.
- Install a new O-ring to fuel transfer pump.
- Lubricate O-ring and OD of transfer pump inlet connector.
- Position fuel transfer pump onto fuel filter housing. Do not use mounting bolts to draw transfer pump to filter housing.
- Be sure pump is positioned flat to fuel filter housing. Install mounting bolts and evenly tighten to 61 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Connect fuel line extension at fuel supply line.
- Connect electrical connector to pump.
Prime the system as follows:
- Cycle key to actuate transfer pump, or use DRB Scan Tool to actuate transfer pump. Check for leaks.
- Operate engine and check for fuel leaks.