Community Terms and Conditions
The AutoZone.com® Community, including message boards, blogs, photo galleries and member profiles ("Community""), has been created to provide opportunities for members to share advice, experiences, ideas and questions with one another. The postings and comments expressed on any area of the Community are just opinions based on users' personal experience. You are responsible for your decisions and actions. If you do not believe the opinions or advice given on the Community, do not follow it.
"AutoZone" means AutoZone.com, Inc. and its affiliates. AutoZone reserves the right to make changes to these Community Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to check this page for updates to the terms.
Welcome to AutoZone Community. If you are new to our Community or have a question, please review these simple guidelines to ensure you have a good experience:
- Register for the site - if you have not created a MyZone® profile on our web sites ("Web Sites"), you will need to do that before you can post your own content to the Community. You do not have to register to view photo, video or Community content.
- When you pick a user name, just make sure you do not use any brand or celebrity names (like "Mr. Nike," "NASCARman" or "Duralast Boy"). We reserve the right to reclaim usernames if, in our sole discretion, usernames contain vulgar references or references otherwise disallowed within the Community. We reserve the right to reclaim usernames that appear to impersonate or disparage businesses, individuals, or official Community moderators or administrators.
- Be nice and respectful of others. Please do not let the anonymity of the web lure you into making snarky comments to others. If you would not say your comment to a real person standing next to you in the grocery store, please do not say it in our Community. The Community is provided as a matter of courtesy so you can share opinions and advice with others.
The Community's purpose is to discuss all things automotive.
- Please keep the discussion relevant by staying on topic when posting in the Community. This service is provided to allow its users and our employees to share their knowledge and help one another.
- Please refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any company or product, or, in general, from posting on topics unrelated to automotive issues and inquiries.
- Please do not discuss pricing issues. This Community is not a transactional website. While we recognize that the issue of prices of products or services may come up, we do not want it to be the focus of the Community. We do not permit references to competitors or their prices. If you wish to refer to an AutoZone price, then please recognize that prices change over time. A price that is current today may not be correct tomorrow. Please check the current prices before relying on any information posted in the Community.
- Please be courteous and respectful to everyone engaging in the Community. Your opinions are always welcome, but personal attacks and harassment ("flaming") in the Community is not acceptable.
- The Community is intended for use by individuals 13 years of age or older. The Community is not directed for use by children under the age of 13. Users under the age of 13 should obtain the assistance of a parent or guardian to use this site. AutoZone does not knowingly collect information from children online. AutoZone values our relationship with our customers and is committed to responsible information-handling practices.
If you have questions about how to use any of the services within the Community, you may post questions on the Community Information board, contact a Community Moderator at firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with a Customer Service Representative at 866.853.6459.
We encourage expression and discussion. However, in order to keep balance and order within the Community, online behavior requires common sense and basic etiquette. Accordingly, here are some rules that you agree to follow:
- For your safety, please use caution when sharing personal information.
- No strong, vulgar, violent, obscene, abusive or otherwise harmful language.
- No racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable language.
- No posting of pornographic, sexually explicit or obscene images.
- No harassing, intimidating, stalking, or threatening other Community members.
- No libelous, defamatory, or otherwise tortious language.
- No impersonating any person, including, but not limited to, other Community members or employees of AutoZone.
- No posting, distributing, transmitting, or promoting illegal content.
- No invasion of another's privacy or publicity rights.
- No action that is intended to exploit, solicit or harm minors.
- No manipulation or forging of identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information posted on AutoZone.com or otherwise provided to AutoZone or its employees.
- No posting, providing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any information (such as inside, proprietary or confidential information) that you do not have a right to make available due to contract, fiduciary duty, or operation of law.
- No posting, providing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any junk mail or spam. No posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation. Spam and flaming will not be tolerated.
- No posting, uploading, emailing, or otherwise transmitting any material that contains any malicious computer code (including spyware, worms, Trojan horses, viruses, etc.).
- No posting, providing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any information which violates regulations promulgated by the Securities and Exchange Commission, or that of any securities exchange, such as the New York Stock Exchange.
- No posting or submitting any material that would infringe on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party or that is deemed to be illegal by any local, state or federal law, rule or regulation.
- No collecting, storing, or posting of personal data about or of other Community members.
- No discussing anything to do with a legal issue, legal case or attorneys, including but not limited to, legal action involving AutoZone, soliciting individuals to engage in legal action against AutoZone, or offering other legal advice.
- No soliciting of any kind on the message boards/Community -- it is neither allowed nor appreciated by the Community. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in advertising opportunities.
- All posts and photos are subject to removal at AutoZone's sole discretion. If you come across a post that you think is questionable, please let us know in writing - by sending an email that includes the URL of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
- AutoZone does not tolerate bullying, harassment, or hate speech.
Community members are encouraged to review products available through AutoZone.com or in AutoZone's brick and mortar stores.
In addition to the other guidelines described in these Terms and Conditions, your reviews should also adhere to the following four guidelines:
- All submissions must be factual and accurate.
- All submissions must relate specifically and solely to the product being reviewed.
- All submissions must be intended to inform readers about specific products, not about services rendered by AutoZone or its employees or your opinion of AutoZone or its employees.
- All reviews are subject to removal at AutoZone's sole discretion. If you come across a review that you think is questionable, please let us know in writing - by sending an email that includes the URL of the post to email@example.com.
Violations of any of the guidelines will not be approved. Edited comments can be resubmitted for moderation and approval.
We do not allow vendors to post directly to our Community. We may, at our sole discretion, post a statement submitted by you, on your behalf. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
AutoZone retains the right to remove and edit content and to limit and/or ban users' access to the Community for any reason or no reason. AutoZone retains the right, at its sole discretion, to limit users' access to the Community and to remove material, in AutoZone's sole judgment, that does not comply with the above-listed Community Guidelines or that is otherwise inappropriate for the Community, harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. AutoZone is not responsible for failure or delay in removing such material. Moderators may take any action they deem necessary in their own judgment to enforce the Community Guidelines, and, in general, to address content that can detract from the experience of other users or the purpose of the Community. Such actions may include, but are not limited to, editing, moving, or deleing material and banning individual users.
Proprietary Rights in Community Content; Limited License.
You grant AutoZone the right to publish and use any material that you post in the Community, for purposes of operating and monitoring the Community. You agree to surrender all rights to content posting including but not limited to words, phrases, thoughts, theories, diagrams, music, videos and any other materials either posted on or uploaded to the Community. We are always developing new ideas and would not want to have any misunderstandings should the products, services or messaging we use seem similar to that of any unsolicited submission that you might post on the Community. Therefore, to avoid any misunderstanding, please do not post ideas that you are not comfortable sharing or having AutoZone use. You agree that any information you send to AutoZone is non-confidential. All content in the Community including information, videos, music, graphics, and other material is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, or other rights. Except as expressly authorized or licensed, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, augment, remove, delete, transfer, sell, lease, rent, or create derivative works from any of the content in the Community.
All AutoZone employees engaging in the Community surrender the rights to content of their post to AutoZone. Employees must maintain the confidentiality of intellectual property that belongs to AutoZone. Intellectual property includes, but is not limited to, identifiable names, trademarks, logos, patents, trade secrets, images, graphics, and other copyrighted materials of AutoZone or any of its subsidiaries. AutoZone's proprietary information and competitive knowledge is confidential. It is limited for use within AutoZone unless specifically authorized for release and disclosure elsewhere.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
The use of AutoZone.com message boards, MyZone® profiles, blogs and photo galleries is at your own risk. AutoZone.com, Inc. is not responsible for the content and conduct you may encounter. We reserve the right to remove any material from the site at any time. We also reserve the right, if you violate any of these rules, to remove you from the Community or to inform your Internet service provider at our discretion.
While the administrators and moderators of this Community will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore, you acknowledge that all posts made to the Community express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators, or webmaster (except for posts by these individuals) and hence will not be liable. AutoZone retains the sole discretion to delete or edit any and all posts it deems necessary without providing notification to the author.
All content on Web Sites owned or controlled by AutoZone is the copyrighted property of AutoZone and is protected as such. None of the material may be reproduced without our written permission, with the exception of downloading or printing a single copy for you for offline viewing. This copyright extends from original AutoZone material, to the raw compilations of posts in our folders, to any edited and filtered compilations of posts that we may sell and distribute.
Members like you are providing most of the material in the Community. Such third-party content is the sole responsibility of the person originating the material. AutoZone does not control and is not responsible for this third-party material. AutoZone does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, usefulness, non-infringement on intellectual property rights, or quality of any material that appears in the Community, regardless of who originates that material. You expressly understand and agree that you bear all risks associated with using or relying on the material. AutoZone will not be liable or responsible in any way for any content in the Community, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in the material, or for any losses or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of or reliance on any material. This disclaimer and limitation of liability is in addition to the disclaimers and limitations contained in the applicable Rules and Regulations that apply to the use of the Web Sites.