First, Add Your Vehicle
Duralast Severe Duty Semi-Metallic Brake Pads D897SDShop All Duralast
If you need brakes built for additional stopping power to take on the heavy weight of trucks and SUVs, look No further than Duralast Severe Duty Brake Pads. Built to handle heavy-duty vehicles and their payloads, Duralast Severe Duty Brake pads are built for tough conditions and to resist brake fade from frequent, heavy stops. Available only at AutoZone.
- Consistent stopping power for heavy vehicles and payloads
- Engineered for thermal stability to reduce brake fade from frequent stops
- Burnishing strips provide quick pad to rotor break-in
- Hardware included where required by OE
Improved over OE
Low brake dust
(Original equipment supplier)
(Original equipment manufacturer)
Patented next-generation ceramic
Truck & towing specific
Up to 3x OES*
Slots & chamfers
*Source: Proprietary Consumer study of Automotive Aftermarket Parts Conducted by The NPD Group, 2019
knowledge is power
Car brakes work by leveraging three main principles of physics: leverage, hydraulics, and friction.
When changing your brake pads, be sure to inspect and replace your rotors and hardware if necessary to ensure optimal braking performance.
If your brakes squeal until you press the pedal down, it may be your wear indicator telling you to change your pads.
specially engineered for heavier trucks and hauling
Heavy duty applications
Specially engineered for heavier trucks, towing, and delivery vehicles.
Designed to reduce heat buildup for stronger, repeated stopping power under heavy loads.
Premium burnishing strip
Constructed for controlled initial break-in and consistent stopping power over time.
COMPLETE THE BRAKE JOB
Replace brake pads and rotors together for longer life and more stopping power.
Older rotors can seriously damage new pads, causing premature noise, vibration and wear.
Replacing brake pads and rotors at the same time is critical for peak braking performance and safety.
Advice and How-To's
- Signs of a Bad Brake Booster
- How to Replace a Brake Line Hose
- Brake Line Hose Replacement Costs
- Brake Caliper Buying Guide
- Spring car care checklist
- How to Replace a Brake Caliper
- Signs of Warped Rotors
- What is Brake Fade and What Causes It?
- What does a full brake job entail?
- How long do brake rotors last?