First, set your vehicle
Duralast Water Pump BWP-9228Shop All Duralast
The Duralast New Water Pump features all new, original equipment-quality components for proper fit and long-life performance. Each pump includes heavy-duty unitized bearings, pressed-on hubs, precision machined housings, unitized seals and optimal impeller clearance, plus all new water pumps are 100% factory tested to assure the highest quality product. Each unit is built to meet or exceed all Original Equipment specifications and is validated for fit, form, and function. Also, application specific design to ensure a perfect fit and correct operation for unsurpassed quality that you can trust.
- Before removing the water pump it is recommended to install GM tool # J43651 (Or equivalent) to keep the timing chain and gears properly synchronized
- This pump is driven off the timing chain
- Extended life antifreeze is highly recommended with this aluminum pump
- Durable housing features precisely-machined mounting surfaces for proper sealing
- See vehicle manufacturer recommendation for replacement of timing components
Advice and How-To's
- Does AutoZone Cut Keys?
- Boat maintenance – what you can do to keep your boat pristine
- Does Motor Oil Expire? Know When to Change your Oil
- Can An Alternator Drain a Battery?
- Brake Lights Not Working?
- Why is My Oil Change Light On?
- What Does a Rebuilt Title Mean?
- How Much Does a Wheel Bearing Replacement Cost?
- Timing Belt Symptoms and Replacement Cost
- Why is My Car Burning Oil?