Duralast Gold Brakes: Put a Stop to Brake Noise
Shopping around for new brake parts? Condsider Duralast Gold. Duralast Gold brakes are designed to directly replace your car's OE pads and rotors, and they're built to meet or exceed OE performance. Duralast Gold Ceramics offer quiet stopping and ultra-low brake dust. Continue reading to learn all about what sets Duralast Gold brakes apart.
Duralast Gold Brake Pads
Bring unwanted brake noise and fade to a STOP. Get a set of Duralast Gold brake pads today - sold only at AutoZone.
- Improved Friction Material with reformulated block and OE-style chamfers to deliver smoother, quieter stopping and long pad life
- Redesigned Shims to neutralize noise-causing vibrations
- New Protective Coating formulated to prevent corrosion for long life and to minimize noise risk
Better Friction Materials for Dependable, Safe Stopping Power
With some brake pads on the market you have to give up stopping power for quiet braking - but not with Duralast Gold. New friction formulas utilizing superior base components have been developed for quieter, safe stops and long life.
- Premium Grade Carbon for longer brake life
- High-Quality Steel Fibers to minimize wear and deliver greater stopping power
- Choice Aramid Fibers dampen noise vibration and reduce noise across a wide frequency spectrum
These friction blocks match the original formulas type by application, so if your original brakes used a semi-metallic pad, so does Duralast!
Shims Redesigned for Less Vibration to Eliminate Noise
Brake noise is a result of vibration. Duralast Gold's clever design allows for greater vibration control to cancel noise at the source. More application specific shims have been added to the line up. These shims may offer:
- Peel-away adhesive layers
- Textured nitrile rubber
- Rust resistant steel or acrylic adhesive
All of these configurations are based on the original shim styles and offer greater vibration dampening for quieter performance.
Backing Plate With Unique Powder Coating For Long Pad Life
Duralast Gold brake pads feature a unique powder coating that protects from corrosion while contributing to noise reduction. Helps protect against:
- Road grime
- Petroleum compounds
Quieter Than Ever: Tested and Proven
In recent tests to real world driving conditions, Duralast Gold pads were as quiet or quieter than the top four competitors pads. And, they offered significantly longer wear life than any of the competition tested.
Third-party tested for nine of the noisiest OE applications and against the leading competition to ensure maximum noise control and superior wear life.
Duralast Gold Brake Rotors
When you replace your brake rotors, you don't want have to do it again for a long time. New Duralast Gold brake rotors were engineered with that in mind. Duralast Gold brake rotors have the innovative Z-Clad™ coating for superior protection from rust and corrosion and High Carbon steel for cooler braking and long life. Get New Duralast Gold Brake Rotors — sold only at AutoZone.
Z-Clad™ Coating for Superior Rust Protection and Long Life
- Z-Clad™ coating is tested and proven to provide better rust and corrosion protection than premium competitors for long life
- Coating protects all non-braking surfaces to help them last longer
- Brake pads will remove coating, but protection remains on all other rotor surfaces
- Third-party testing confirms Duralast Gold brake rotors with Z-Clad™ coating resist rust and corrosion better than competitors
High Carbon Steel for Improved Performance and Long Life
- Duralast Gold rotors high carbon steel stay cooler for long rotor life and helps provide quieter stops
- Improved molecular structure and advanced materials dampen noise and vibrations for quieter braking
When it’s time for new brakes, don’t choose between stopping power and a quiet ride. Third-party testing confirms that Duralast Gold brake rotors paired with Duralast Gold brake pads reduce wear and last longer than the competition, and AutoZone has pads and rotors that fit your vehicle.
Advice, how-to guides, and car care information featured on AutoZone.com and AutoZone Advice & How-To’s are presented as helpful resources for general maintenance and automotive repairs from a general perspective only and should be used at your own risk. Information is accurate and true to the best of AutoZone’s knowledge, however, there may be omissions, errors or mistakes.
Be sure to consult your owner’s manual, a repair guide, an AutoZoner at a store near you, or a licensed, professional mechanic for vehicle-specific repair information. Refer to the service manual for specific diagnostic, repair and tool information for your particular vehicle. Always chock your wheels prior to lifting a vehicle. Always disconnect the negative battery cable before servicing an electrical application on the vehicle to protect its electrical circuits in the event that a wire is accidentally pierced or grounded. Use caution when working with automotive batteries. Sulfuric acid is caustic and can burn clothing and skin or cause blindness. Always wear gloves and safety glasses and other personal protection equipment, and work in a well-ventilated area. Should electrolyte get on your body or clothing, neutralize it immediately with a solution of baking soda and water. Do not wear ties or loose clothing when working on your vehicle.
FREE Loan-A-Tool® program requires returnable deposit. Please note that the tool that you receive after placing an online order may be in a used but operable condition due to the nature of the Loan-A-Tool® program.