Alero, Grand Am 1999-2005 Crankshaft Damper (Balancer) Repair Guide
Access our free Crankshaft Damper (Balancer) Repair Guide for Alero, Grand Am 1999-2005 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. Use the Harmonic Balancer Holder J 38122-A, or equivalent., to prevent the crankshaft from rotating while loosening the crankshaft balancer bolt
- Fig. View of a common crankshaft damper-2.4L engine shown
- Fig. Remove the crankshaft balancer using the Crankshaft Balancer Puller, Special Tool No. J 24420-C, or equivalent
- Fig. Place the crankshaft balancer into position over the key in the crankshaft. Install Crankshaft Balancer Installer Special Tool No. J 29113, or equivalent onto the crankshaft
Access our Alero, Grand Am 1999-2005 Crankshaft Damper (Balancer) Repair Guide Removal and Installation by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Crankshaft Damper (Balancer) Repair Guide”.