Nissan Altima 2007-09 Water Pump Removal & Installation Repair Guide
Access our free Removal & Installation Repair Guide for Nissan Altima 2007-2009 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. Exploded view of water pump assembly
- Fig. Altima 3.5L engine: the water pump is on one side of the engine and the timing chain tensioner is on the other.
- Fig. Move the chain tensioner latching lever and insert a stopper pin.
- Fig. Two bolts are used to extract the water pump from its housing.
- Fig. Insert the stopper pin into the tensioner body hole to hold the lever and keep the plunger stopper tab released
- Fig. Make a gap between water pump gear and timing chain, by turning the crankshaft pulley approximately 20° clockwise
Access our Nissan Altima 2007-2009 Removal & Installation Repair Guide 2.5L Engine by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter you are looking for.