BMW 3 Series and 5 Series 1999-06 Shift Linkage Repair Guide
Access our free Shift Linkage Repair Guide for BMW Cars 1999-06 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. Gear shift linkage-early E30 3 Series shown
- Fig. Gear shift linkage-late E30 3 Series shown
- Fig. View of the driveshaft being removed from the transmission output flange
- Fig. The center support bearing bracket is matchmarked to ensure correct reassembly
- Fig. The driveshaft is lowered and supported out of the way
- Fig. Labeling the shift lever with an arrow helps during reassembly as the shifter is installed from under the vehicle
Access our BMW Cars 1999-06 Shift Linkage Repair Guide Removal and Installation by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Shift Linkage Repair Guide”.