Chevrolet Astro and GMC Safari 1985-1996 Timing Chain Repair Guide
Access our free Timing Chain Repair Guide for Chevrolet Astro and GMC Safari 1985-1996 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. 1: Exploded view of a typical 4.3L engine timing chain and gear assembly-use of studs may vary
- Fig. 2: Align the timing marks closest together (No. 4 TDC) before starting-NOTE that No. 1 TDC would be aligned, but with both timing marks at top of their travel
- Fig. 3: Remove the timing cover, then turn the crankshaft as necessary to align the timing marks
- Fig. 4: Loosen and remove the camshaft sprocket retaining bolts …
- Fig. 5: … then remove the camshaft sprocket along with the timing chain
- Fig. 6: If necessary, use a suitable puller to remove the crankshaft sprocket
Access our Chevrolet Astro and GMC Safari 1985-1996 Timing Chain Repair Guide Removal and Installation by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Timing Chain Repair Guide”.