GM Grand Am, Achieva, Calais, Skylark, Somerset 1985-98 IAC Valve Repair Guide
Access our free Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve Repair Guide for Pontiac Grand Am, Buick Achieva and Calais, Buick Skylark and Somerset 1985-98 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. 1: First test the IAC terminals A and B
- Fig. 2: Next test terminals C and D of the IAC
- Fig. 3: View of a flange mount IAC valve
- Fig. 4: View of the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve mounting in the throttle body assembly
- Fig. 5: IAC valve air flow diagram
- Fig. 6: There are two types of IAC valves; one has a collar at the electric terminal end and one doesn’t
Access our Pontiac Grand Am, Buick Achieva and Calais, Buick Skylark and Somerset 1985-98Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve Repair GuideOperation by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve Repair Guide”.