GM S-Series Pick-ups and SUV’s 1994-1999 Manual Transmission Repair Guide
Access our free Manual Transmission Repair Guide for GM S-Series Pick-ups and SUV’s 1994-1999 through AutoZone Rewards. These diagrams include:
- Fig. 1: Location of the manual transmission filler and drain plugs
- Fig. 2: Clean the area around the filler plug with a rag
- Fig. 3: Using a 17mm Allen wrench, remove the filler plug
- Fig. 4: Insert your pinky finger into the hole (being very careful not to cut yourself on any sharp edges) and check that the fluid is level with the bottom of the hole
- Fig. 5: If the level is incorrect, add fluid until it just starts to seep from the hole
- Fig. 6: Using a 17mm Allen wrench, loosen, but do not remove the drain plug
Access our GM S-Series Pick-ups and SUV’s 1994-1999 Manual Transmission Repair Guide Fluid Recommendations by creating an account or signing into your AutoZone Rewards account. Once you sign in, follow these instructions to access our Repair Guides.
- Add your vehicle in Manage My Vehicles.
- Enter your vehicle details.
- Click the “View More” button, and then click “Vehicle Repair Guides.”
- Select the chapter “Manual Transmission Repair Guide”.